COVID-19 Info for TT's
Starting Tuesday 27th April 2021
COVID-19 Info for TT's
After a year of no Club activity we are officially starting our first 10 mile TT on Tuesday 27th April.
Please meet at 7pm at the cemetery for the allocation of numbers, start time is 7.30pm (Sharp) at the usual place.
- You must pre-register on the SPOND application and carryout a COVID self assessment prior to attending the TT.
- If you show signs of COVID-19 on the day of the TT please follow the correct protocols and do not attend.
- Please do not turn up for the TT without pre-registering.
- All members should be registered on the SPOND application, however if you are not listed, please email me.The code is BZPVT
- Please adhere to social distancing at all times which includes whilst “waiting for your number allocation” and “waiting to start”.
- Do not wait around at the end of the race as the results will not be announced but will be emailed out as soon as possible afterwards.
- All helpers must wear a mask at all times.
- Riders must wear masks except when cycling (rider must carry a mask when cycling as this is required in the event of a casualty situation).
- Time keeping equipment to be wiped down with wipes provided at the end of each session.
- Hand sanitiser is available in the Clubhouse for volunteers when collecting equipment.
It is important that the Club is seen to be adhering to the above COVID-19 rules both for Club COVID compliance and for public confidence.
- There will be no push off, instead everyone will start with one foot on the ground.
- We will not be using pinned numbers, instead you will be allocated a number at the start, which you should remember and shout when crossing the finish line.
- No drafting.
- Please don’t wait for results at the end, instead these will be emailed out.
- Please volunteer if you can, it would be helpful if you could email me in advance which Tuesdays you can help and in what capacity (ie Time Keeper/Turn Marshall).
Club membership and Insurance
- For insurance purposes please pay your club membership and relevant Insurance (silver/gold British Cycling or Cycling UK - number 90172825) before you attend the TT.
- The Time Trials are for club members only, however newcomers can attend 3 time trials before they become Club members. After the their 3rd TT they must join the Club and BC/Cycling UK to get insurance cover.
- The website has a copy of the COVID Risk Assessment on it (see above)
- The BC/CTT risk assessment for the course can be found at https://www.caithnesscc.co.uk/courses.html.
- Please ensure you have a working rear light attached to your bike.
- The Website also has a list of “Competitors, Marshalls and Time Keepers Duties” at https://www.caithnesscc.co.uk/tt-duties.html which will now be supplemented with the above COVID Risk Assessment.
It’s great that we can participate in cycling as a Club again, looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday. If you have any queries beforehand, please let me know.