The Vertical Hunt is waiting for you!
Ötztal Vertical Hunt presented by adidas is a new and innovative short stage race that takes place in the majestic Ötztal Mountains around Sölden, from 21 to 24 August 2008. What makes this race special is its format. As already indicated by its name it’s a pursuit.
The three-day race challenges the participants in different disciplines such as Hill Climb, Short Track, Marathon and XC Marathon. After the Hill Climb and the Short Track, all other disciplines will be started by the Gundersen-method, i.e. based on the standings of the previous competition. That way, it is Guaranteed that the person crossing the finish line first after any given leg of the race is also the leader in the overall ranking.
Ötztal Vertical Hunt is the result of the 2007 adidas mountain bike survey MTBproject2008.com in which mountain bikers in Germany, England and Switzerland were asked to describe their perfect MTB event. “This survey was not about waiting for the ultimate event idea to be served on a silver platter, but about retrieving information on what kind of event mountain bikers wish for, what matters to them and, above all, where the next adidas event should take place.
• Airport transfer from and to Innsbruck airport
• 4 star apartment house accommodation
• Daily breakfast buffet with traditional Tyrolean specialities
• 5 days possibility for wellness evenings with sauna, IR-cabin and Tyrolean “Zuberbath”
• Self-service house bar and large communal living room with cable television (ideal for larger parties)
• Bus service for the whole of the Ötztal valley
• Entrance in all swimming pools and the swimming lake
• Possible daily hiking tour – guide available
• One three hour ticket for the Aqua Dome
• 3 Guided bike tours around Sölden with information evenings
Last modified: Monday April 01, 2019 15:03